Accounts Receivable Specialist
Full Time; Los Angeles, CA, (Headquarters) at Least 2–3 Days a Week
As accounts receivable specialist, you will be responsible for collecting, verifying, and uploading all donation data to Salesforce, tracking all donations Mercy For Animals receives, and preparing and providing ad hoc reports as requested.
You will collaborate closely with the development team, assisting with verifying donation sources, determining the nature of all donations, processing all gift-matching donations, and utilizing Data Loader to enter records into Salesforce, rewriting the logic if needed.
You will also support and partner with the finance team, providing administrative support and performing account reconciliations, including maintaining accounts-receivable files and records, as well as preparing monthly and ad hoc financial and management reports as requested.
You will do invaluable work:
- Collect, balance, and prepare electronic and physical bank deposits
- Investigate and resolve any irregularities or inquiries
- Manage donation receipts, including attaching all documentation
- Maintain accounts-receivable files and records
- Support the finance team with month-, quarter-, and year-end reconciliation processes
- Assist with year-end close, annual external audits, and any other duties as assigned by the controller and vice president of finance
Your qualifications will take our finance management to the next level:
- Associate’s degree in accounting (preferred)
- Minimum one year’s database experience
- Minimum one year’s experience in data entry and maintenance
- Proficiency in Excel or Google Sheets, with the ability to write formulas
- Developed organizational skills, with a keen eye for detail and a passion for numbers
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet competing deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work creatively and effectively in a team
- Friendly, positive, and service-oriented personality
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule that includes weekends and overtime during monthly and quarterly close and heavy work periods
- Commitment to the objectives of the organization
- Los Angeles-area residency, with the ability to be on-site at least 2–3 days a week
Is this the right fit? Absolutely, if this sounds like you:
I’m a data-entry professional looking to pursue a career in accounting, with a forward-thinking, analytical, and data-oriented mindset. Adept at cross-functional communication, I can build rapport with various teams. I am driven to help protect animals and inspired by Mercy For Animals’ organizational mission and values.
Compensation and Benefits
Earn an hourly wage of $19.50–$23.50, depending on qualifications. In addition to a collaborative and innovative work environment, you will be able to take part in our benefits package, including no- or low-cost health, vision, and dental insurance; generous paid time off and sick leave; and 401(k) retirement plan, with a dollar-to-dollar employer match of up to 3 percent of your annual earnings.
Mercy For Animals is a globally minded organization. We embrace new perspectives and innovative ideas that come only from a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative work environment. We are committed to the principles of equality, equity, and justice, and our culture celebrates authenticity, enabling every team member to be their best self. All employment decisions are based solely on individual qualifications, job needs, and job requirements, and potential team members of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, veteran status, and ability are encouraged to apply. We strive to include and encourage candidates from historically marginalized communities and those from or in communities impacted by environmental, social, and economic injustice.
Come as you are, and help us transform our society and construct a truly compassionate food system.